Monday, March 28, 2011

Experience Amazing

I have replaced facebook with blogs, kind of.  I am simply stunned at how out of the know I am without facebook and how many people have texted or called because they have tried to contact me on facebook and can't get me.  I need to visit a friend for blog 101.  I am not very savvy.  Still don't know how to link or post pics etc. but I am ready to learn.  In looking at some other blogs I saw a girl who had a link for happy lists.  Every so often it seems she makes a list of things that makes her extremely happy.  I haven't ditched my joy journey I have just let it sit for a bit to see what direction it goes and how it's going to require me to travel...

Last week, I spent some time on my alma mater's website!  Hotty Toddy and Go Rebs!  While I was at OleMiss, the university began re-creating their image.  Over the past five years OleMiss has been stripped of all identifying factors excluding red and blue, "the rebels", and allowed being called "OleMiss."  Their marketing slogan was coined and my was it obnoxiously slapped on any and all university materials BUT as an alum on a joy journey, it rang true.  What a thought to experience amazing each day.

Dictionary.com amazing: causing great surprise or sudden wonder.
UrbanDictionary.com amazing: something that is so wonderful it is hard to find the words to match.  Something that makes your heart beat faster or your heart melt.  Something that tops everything else and always crosses your mind.
concordance for NIV online amazed is used multiple times in the gospels to describe the people's reaction to Jesus

So I think I will hijack the happy list idea and start thinking about the times or things in my life that I have experienced amazing.

1. summers on the Black River, catching catfish with PaPa, MaMa's breakfasts, being behind the boat from sun-up to sun-down
2. fireflies in Oxford at dusk
3. cards from the Carolina girls when I moved home
4. rocking babies to sleep especially naps with HG
5. seeing the sunset on a bridge in Charleston
6. dancing at the weddings of some of the ones I love most
7. 4th of July parades on Pawley's
8. the night the Ravenel Bridge opened in Charleston Harbor
9. cooking with the aunts for holidays
10. gumbo nights
11. the first day of rolling your windows down in the car even if you have to turn the heat on
12. Rock the Bus year 2
13. the strength of a friend who moved home to take care of her momma and put her life on hold
14. the ability of a mother to care for her baby through cancer and still be a present and loving friend
15. my Notebook fleeting romance
16. Sunday brunch
17. a good book, a rainy day, grandmother's quilt, momma's living room floor - all at once
18. red beans and rice when you're sick
19. butter pecan ice cream when you come home from college
20. porch parties with the Carolina girls
21. McFly Family suppers
22. the Eiffel Tower sparkling at midnight
23. jumping off of a waterfall in Hawaii
24. the smile of a child when they believe in themselves because you loved them
25. the power of a woman who still respects her country and the call of duty that took the man she loved
26. friends that became family and opened their hearts and homes to me
27. catching a fish
28. the dream of a home with open doors, a crowded table, and happy hearts
29. the excitement of the possibilities one life has to offer in this world
30. receiving puzzle pieces that put together the past and bring perspective to the present

Experience amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment