Monday, August 9, 2010

Deep Breaths

I am back in the lowcountry after quite the month of sweating life out. My best friend/sister from another mother likes to laugh about how the state of affairs in my life is so drawn out. I am not one of those people that gets to pray for something and it is immediately revealed nor am I the person that can make a plan and have it play out exactly how I planned. The Lord likes to make me sweat it out literally down to the minute.

I say deep breaths because I had to take a lot of them over the course of settling down. I am technically back home but not so much I have found my sweet place in SC it reminds me so of Oxford. I drive over the bridge to work everyday and the landscape takes my breath away and I ask myself, "What did I do to deserve to behold this beauty everyday?" I have always loved the lowcountry and they say that once you have the sand in your shoes you will never leave and thus I have returned. I am a lowcountry girl at heart, my life is going to ebb and flow like the tides there are going to be ups and downs for me forever. I will never have the perfect life here, that I have come to believe will only happen when I am with my Maker and all of those that I love. My heart is forever going to be missing something or someone but that is what makes me so alive! I can honestly say that I have lived and loved - I don't think I've met my one true love but I have loved and been loved by many and despite my anxiety and concerns I know that wherever I go I will be loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment